Dantes Outlook Market Podcast
Global Macro: Unpacking the Reflation Trade
On this month’s episode, we’re joined by Dr. Lev Borodovsky, editor of The Daily Shot, a graphical newsletter highlighting macro themes around the world. We discussed the global growth and inflation backdrop, and what it means for credit markets and equities.
- History of The Daily Shot newsletter
- Lev's process for finding relevant info and scanning markets.
- Equity valuations and remaining opportunities.
- The reflation trade.
- Pros and cons of rising inflation from both a market and economic perspective. (level vs. speed)
- The Fed's strategy to get ahead of an inflation surprise.
- Implications for the credit market given high corporate bond issuance.
- Inflation outlook for Europe and Japan.
- Economic improvements in LatAm and other emerging markets.
- Benefits from export growth.
- Agriculture markets and other commodities starting the next up-cycle.
- The endgame for QE/MMT/gov debt binge.
- "Forced to continue fiscal expansion in light of massive debt and low yields, but becoming too reliant on this could hammer the economic recovery."
- Speculative environment in cryptocurrencies.
Subscribe to Lev's newsletter at www.thedailyshot.com